I never get tagged in stuff, so I thought, what the hay, lets do this!
Plus I need a new journal entry and I have totally been absent from DA lately but I am coming to terms with that.
So here goes.
Tagged by RULES: 1. You must posts these rules.
2. Each person has to share 10 things about them 3. Answer the 10 questions asked to you and invent 10 questions the people you tag will have to answer 4. Choose 10 people and put their icons on your journal 5. Go to their page to inform them they are tagged 6. Not something like " you are tagged if you read that" 7. You have to legitimately tag 10 people 8. No tag-backs 9. You can't say that you don't do tags. 10. YOU MUST MAKE A JOURNAL ENTRY. NO COMMENTS. Unless you're commenting about the actual entry
My ten things:
1. I always say I'm a crappy cook and hate cooking, but in reality and really enjoy being able to feed my family and make them food they enjoy. I may not enjoy everything that is involved in cooking, but it makes me happy to see my family eat good, healthy meals that I have taken the time and effort to make.
2. I am lazy. I hate being lazy and it's something I struggle with everyday. It's mostly a habit that I am trying to break. I have to constantly urge myself to get up and get things done. Once I get going it's a lot easier to keep it up, but it's hard not to get detracted and end up sitting around wasting time pretending I am "tired". I'm also a lot happier when I accomplish things and keep myself busy throughout the day and stop making excuses for myself as to why I didn't get what I wanted to get done that day.
3. I've always wanted very long hair, but my hair likes to break off just below my shoulders. I've stopped using chemical shampoos and conditioners for a while now, but I think I'm going to start taking silica supplements to see if that helps with the breaking. Apparently almond oil is good for that too so I've started to put that on the ends of my hair. We'll see how it goes.
4. I would love to live in a self-sustaining house one day. preferably one that resembles a hobbit hole. But right now I am very thankful for where I live. I have a wood stove for heat, so my husband and I spend lots of time finding wood, chopping, and stacking it. Saves us lots of money. We also get our water from a creek up the hill, so no pump required. When our power goes off, we can still cook, heat water and have a warm house. Just have to do something about the fridge. I would love to get some solar panels or something for back up.
5. I love conspiracy theories and stories of alternate history. Stuff like Atlantis, or aliens building the pyramids. I don't believe them all to be true, but there are many that I want to be true, and some that make a lot of sense. I like to be open minded about things that we don't yet understand.
6. I love watching cartoons and other childrens media with my kids. I can't wait as they get older and I can read them Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings, and when they can watch Doctor Who with me. I just love geeking out with my girls
7. I hate wearing makeup. I love the way it looks on me, and I like the look it gives in photos, and I love what I can do with brightly coloured eyeshadows and such, but I just can't stand wearing the stuff. For one, I can't stand the smell, but mostly I just hate the feeling. I usually use only mineral make ups when I do wear it, but even then I just want to take it off the first chance I get.
8. I love trees. I just think they are the most amazing thing on the planet. I mean, just think about them for a minute, they are seriously the best thing ever.
9. I feel very awkward and anxious is social situations. I'm okay with large crowds and performing and stuff, but please don't invite me to a party where I have to mingle. I'd rather fight a dragon, thanks.
10. I really wish I had more friends who I could regularly hang out with and watch Doctor Who with, or other geeky things. All my geeky friends live far away, and skype just doesn't cut it. My husband is very picky about his geeky habits, and I just love pretty much anything.
Artemis' Questions for Me:
1. Would you rather have an infinite supply of money or be able to teleport? Teleport all the way.
2. What would you do if you suddenly developed werewolf powers? Wish it was werefairy or werelf instead.
3. Have you ever wanted to be an inventor? When I was a kid. But I had no idea what I wanted to invent.
4. Do you iron your clothes? Only when I'm sewing. Or if it's a costume I'm wearing for a shoot.
5. What is your least favorite breakfast cereal? Most of them.
6. What would you do if you found a tiny door in your house that led to a parallel opposing dimension (like Coraline)? Make sure my kids had adequate child care and then go exploring!
7. Did you ever like dolls? (or "action figures" if your masculinity is wounded) Not really. My sister and I used to use our barbies for either the bad guys to our ponies or we'd play French Revolution with them. 8. Tile, carpet or wood? Wood. It's warm, easy to clean and Lego doesn't get lost in it. 9. Do you like gardening? Love it. I've expanded my garden this year and am very happy with my crop of tomatoes, cucumbers and beans. The deer just ate my broccoli last night, the bastards, but at least they didn't get the basil! I would love some day to grow all my produce. I am canning some of my tomatoes right now, in fact.
10. What was the worst haircut you've ever gotten? I honestly can't remember. But my 5 year old gave my 3 year old the BEST haircut ever just a few weeks ago. Now she looks like the little imp that she is
My Questions for you all:
1. Do you believe in the supernatural?
2. What animals do you have, or if none, what would you like to have?
3. Where is the best place you have traveled to?
4. What is your favourite genre and why?
5. Would you rather live 1000 years in the past, or 1000 years in the future?
6. Which is your favourite Doctor? If you haven't watched Doctor Who, why not?
7. If you had to wear a costume (only one) for the rest of the your life, what would that costume be and why?
8. What is your favourite plant?
9. Do you believe Capitalism is a sustainable model for a society?
10. Do you believe in alternate realities?And because I really need to get a snack, I tag the latest 10 of my followers: